How (and Why) You Should Use Email Marketing Automation
Email has been a part of the mainstream since the 1990s. While not the most cutting edge approach to marketing, it continues to be an extremely effective, reliable and affordable way to reach and engage with customers and prospects.
Like anything else in marketing, it needs to be done right to work well.
Marketers worldwide continue to embrace the power of email. According to Statista, 82% of marketers globally continue to use it, and understandably so – few mediums can compare with the ROI of email. In fact, companies can expect up to $45 USD for every ad dollar spent on email.
Email has proven to be a powerful and versatile communication tool because it can be measured, personalized, and is available on any device with an internet connection. While your business is likely using email marketing, are your efforts as effective as they could be?
Leverage the full potential of your email marketing with automation
The average office worker in the U.S. receives an average of 121 emails and sends about 40 each day. (The Guardian) Given the large number of emails sent and received daily, businesses have to make the most of their email marketing.
Using email marketing automation, your company will be able to send targeted emails to your customers through a pre-built and self-operating system.
With the proper tools that automate emails, your business can customize messaging for a distinct audience. Email marketing automation allows your company to send messages based on behavior and insights, which makes the communication highly targeted and timely.
Here are just a few reasons why email marketing automation is effective:
- Efficiency: While it may take some time to set up the automated email campaigns, once you do so, all the heavy lifting is done.
- Scalability: As your company grows, so will the opportunities to communicate with your customers.
- Personalization: Given the mass quantities of emails people receive daily, the messages that are more customized will get the most traction.
- Measurability: The beauty of email is that it can be easily analyzed to see what works.
- Relevancy: Messages are triggered by behaviors or insights, making the content extremely targeted.
A key to email automation is having loads of data and insights on your target market so that you can turn even a cold lead into a potential customer!
A few ideas for email marketing automation
Imagine if you or your team had to write a personalized message every time someone new joined your email list or made a purchase? Email marketing automation makes your life easier by handling these repetitive tasks.
Email marketing automation is extremely effective when used in conjunction with your data acquisition efforts. If your team has insights and data on leads, email automation could be used to further connect and engage with them. What’s even better is that the more informative prospect data you have, the more targeted you can make your email automation messaging.
Automating your emails can be used in a number of ways, but here are some widely used ideas:
- Welcoming a new subscriber: Capitalize on the interest of someone right when they are highly engaged with your business.
- Building a deeper connection with your services: Whether it’s sending trigger emails based on links users click or if they’ve downloaded your lead magnet, email marketing automation makes it easy for your users to interact with offerings.
- Staying in touch with distant users: Be it unopened emails or not clicking on your site, email marketing automation allows you to send targeted messages to subsets of users who may not be currently engaged with your brand.
- Sending strategic campaigns at key times during the year: During certain moments like the holidays or particular seasons (i.e. tax prep), email marketing automation is an efficient and seamless way to deliver limited-time messaging.
Your partners in email marketing automation and all things digital
From increasing the relevance of your messaging to saving time so that your team can focus on more high-value activities, email marketing automation is a must for any business.
Leverage the full power of this tactic by partnering with seasoned digital experts to implement and manage your email marketing automation program.
LSC Marketing Group is a full-service digital and direct marketing firm that can create the most strategic and effective plan to automate your brand’s email marketing. We have worked with a wide range of business verticals to transform their email automation marketing.
We have decades of experience helping our clients strengthen their engagement with clients, improve the user experience, and drive more sales through automated emails.
It’s likely you’re already putting resources toward email marketing, so why not ensure your efforts reach their full potential with email marketing automation?
LSC Marketing is here to help!
Connect with us, and let’s schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss your needs.